Meet Jan Parish, M.Ed.
National Early Childhood Consultant & Speaker • Author, Teacher & Early Literacy Specialist • Working Mother of Four
Jan Parish, M.Ed., is a nationally-known early childhood consultant and speaker with twenty-eight years experience as an author, teacher, and early literacy specialist.
As a working mother of four, Jan understands the challenges modern parents face as they cope in today’s fast-paced, multi-tasking world. And she also understands how parents feel stressed by educational and cultural expectations that pressure their children to achieve early.
Her empathy for parents motivates her to share her extensive experience and knowledge about how children learn to talk, read, write, and think well in their earliest years.
Jan conducts popular presentations on best practices in early literacy, offering practical ideas both at-home and working parents can easily incorporate into their daily routines.
She shows parents how they can catapult their children into school success without adding to their already burdened schedules or purchasing expensive software programs and “educational” toys.
Jan’s ideas are enthusiastically received by parents so inspired they don’t want to leave at the end of the session. Parents and teachers alike appreciate the depth of her knowledge, her easy-to-use, practical advice, and her dynamic, engaging speaking style. [Testimonials]
National Consultant • Speaker • Teacher
For more than 20 years, Jan has been a national early childhood education consultant, speaker, and workshop presenter, helping thousands of parents and teachers in almost every state.
- National Education Consultant, Wright Group/McGraw Hill
- Pre-K Now Expert, PreK National Advocacy Organization, Washington D.C.
- Independent National Consultant to early and elementary education educators and administrators
- Partners in Learning, seminars for parents
- Corporate “Lunch & Learns” for working parents
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies Parent Education
- Florida Hospital Early Childhood Parent Education Program
- Teacher training and mentoring, Pre-K to Second Grade
- Kindergarten Teacher
- University of Central Florida, Adjunct Professor, Graduate Dept. of Early Childhood Education
Co- Author, Doors To Discovery: Pre-K Program, 8 units & teacher guides, Wright Group/McGraw-Hill, 2002
Contributing Author, Teacher Training Manuals for Early and Elementary Education, Wright Group/McGraw-Hill
Photos of Jan & her family are courtesy Terri Stevens Photography