Coaching for Parents of Young Children, Birth to 5 Years
Of course you want the best for your child’s learning. But contradictory advice, our society’s competitive pressures for early achievement, and all the “educational” toys and software programs out there can be bewildering—especially if you’re a new parent.
Jan Can Help You
As a nationally-known early childhood consultant, speaker, and parent educator with more than twenty-seven years experience as an author, teacher, early development specialist—and a mom of 4—I will share my experience and knowledge to help you make the best decisions about your child’s developmental learning.
As your coach, I’ll provide you with tried and true ideas and empathetic advice. I will be your supporter, mentor, and cheerleader as you grow more confident as a parent.
In a one-to-one coaching session, we can discuss issues such as:
- I’m so busy. What activities can I do with my child in my normal routine to encourage learning?
- What are the best kinds of toys for my child?
- What are the best books for my child?
- When and how should I start reading aloud to my child?
- What should I look for when selecting childcare or pre-school?
- Is it okay to let my child play with an iPad, smart phone, or computer?
- Is my child where he or she should be in terms of language development?
- What about second language learning in the home?
- What does it mean to pay attention to the emotional needs of a child? How do emotions drive a child’s behavior?
- What should I do to prepare my child for a new sibling?
- How do dads get involved and nurture their babies from birth?
- How do dads make a difference in their child’s learning?
- Any other concerns related to your child’s learning and development
I am also available to speak with your mom group.
Please consult your pediatrician on health or medical issues.
- Sessions must be paid in advance.
- Appointments are scheduled at a mutually convenient time on either a regular or as-needed basis.
- There is no commitment for the number or frequency of meetings. We can work together as little or much as you need.
- Coaching sessions take place by phone, Skype, or at a predetermined location.
- 24 hours notice requested for cancellations; client will be billed for no-shows.
Contact me to learn more or schedule an appointment.