Speaking & Workshops
Book Jan to speak to parents or educators, school or church groups, home schools or mom groups, workplace lunch & learns, or present at conferences.
“Jan is a polished presenter. She is knowledgeable and energetic. I never tire of her presentations.” —Sherry Harris, Charlotte NC
With a dynamic speaking style that engages audiences and a depth of knowledge that inspires them, Jan Parish will show you how everyday family activities with children birth to age five can be the source of learning that leads to success in school.
Presentations include topics such as:
- TV, Technology, and Your Child’s Growing Brain
- Why Learning the Alphabet Song Isn’t Important
- Create a Reader Who Reads the Most and Reads the Best
- Songs, Rhymes, & Poetry in Your Child’s Head
- Playing with Print at Home, a Novel Idea
- First Day of School: A Hit, not A Miss
- A Little One’s Brain, Behavior, Listening and Talking
- Positive Parenting & the Intense Emotions of Childhood
“As a veteran preschool teacher and Director I have to say that this program was the best I have attended. Every person who is in a position to hold influence in the life of a little one should seek the opportunity to invest in Jan’s workshops.” —Sheila O’Donnell, Assistant Director of Rolling Hills Mother’s Morning Out
- Fun and encouraging
- Meet & mingle with other parents
- Easy activities that meld into your daily routine
- Fresh ideas that work for at-home parents and those with jobs outside of the home
- Valuable packet of handouts to take home (including book lists of exceptional storybooks)
Baby & Toddler: The Essential First Years
Learning begins at birth. Your baby learns from you, in person, and from everything that’s around her. This program equips parents and caregivers with practical, everyday ideas for learning in the essential first two years.
Just for Dads
It’s your turn, dads. Are you curious about what a little one learns in the early years? And how you make a difference in that learning? Discover how to father from the heart. Learn practical guidelines to help your child thrive.
→ Learn more about the Just for Dads Workshop
Childhood Emotions, Early Learning, and Play, 2 – 5 Years
“Jan, your program has been an eye opening experience on what really matters in our parenting. We learned about face time and parent contact, reading aloud, and our child’s emotions and stability. Thank you so much for all your help. You completely changed our lives in the best way!” —Theresa and Adam Liberatore
→ Learn more about the Early Learning Workshops